Search Encrypt shares Verdict Encrypt’s predictions on digital privacy and cybersecurity in 2018. We’re advocates for data security and privacy. Moving forward, growing concern over threats to cybersecurity will lead to more people finding ways to protect themselves.
Generation Z (the generation currently graduating from university and entering the job market) poses new threats because they are so used to sharing information online. Not only is this group more likely to put more information online, they are also more capable of using their resources to find easily-obtainable information.
2017 was a great year for private search engines, like Search Encrypt. 2018 looks to be another great year as privacy becomes the norm, rather than an extra feature.
Verdict Encrypt’s 39 Cybersecurity Predictions
- IoT Device Security to Become Key Focus for 2018
- Smartphones to Become Major Focus of Cyberattacks
- Email to Remain the Tool of Choice for Cyberattacks
- Growing Threats Require New Cybersecurity Tools
- Web Crawling to Be Critical to Incident Response
- Proactive Cybersecurity in Light of GDPR
- Cyber Insurance Policies Will Not Demonstrate Any Actual Reduction in Business Costs
- Insider Breaches a 2018 Priority
- Cybersecurity to Embrace Blockchain
- Growth in Spear Phishing’s Scale and Sophistication
- Artificial Intelligence Moves Beyond its Buzz to Make a Real Difference in ICS Security
- DDoS Impacting the Cryptocurrency Exchange
- Firewalls and Virus Protection to Officially Become Obsolete
- Growth in Attacks on Connected Vehicles, Healthcare Providers and Financial Services
- The Security Market Will Incorporate Machine Learning to Address Identity-Related Breaches
- Ransomware Will Remain One of the Most Popular Attack Methods
- Organizations Will Increasingly Adopt AI-Based Systems to Help with Cybersecurity
- The Cybersecurity Skills Gap to Bite
- Encrypted-by-Default: Implications for All
- Many More Security Vendors will Testify on Capital Hill…